Friday, March 15, 2013

Snippits from school...

Ah, I love the school stories. Part of our weekly work includes using their Word Work/Spelling words in sentences. They have to write a sentence using each word, or if they have a large group of words, they only write ten. I have one of my little ones who loves to give Safety Tips, and I couldn't help but crack up when I read his last sentence of the day. He's so darn creative. I love their minds. 



I had a substitute for a few days due to attending a conference recently. While grading the papers I came across some gems. I had to take a picture of this one. I thought it was priceless. "If I was a teacher I would never come to school." I laughed and told them they wouldn't have a choice if they were the teacher. They thought it was funny too!


I recently embarked on a re-labeling night for all my personal books as well as labeling the new books I received from our school book fair. I'm amazed at how much we are supported by our book fairs. I love Scholastic, but I love them even more now. I signed up for Book Clubs and I think I'm going to use them next year with my little ones too. And, have you checked out their new app, Storia? It's awesome. Just go sign up, check it out, and thank me later. Anyhow... back to my story. I let the dogs help me with the labeling and sorting process. They loved it. 

Apparently leveling and labeling can wear a dog out... 

Aw, such good workers. 

He's a Mo Willems fan! 

Personally, she chooses nonfiction pieces of work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment