Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A relaxing Spring Break

Hooray, it's my Spring Break (I couldn't hardly wait!) and Chris took off a few days to hang out with me too! We made it an adventure of eating a few new places and just enjoying our time without working. It has been the best. I still have two more weekdays plus the weekend before I go back and hit the ground running. So far, so good. 


Chris and I have our favorite Chinese restaurant in Tulsa. It's a cute little place called Wang Wang. One of the silly things I love about Wang Wang are their little take-out containers. They make for great leftover storage. They are the perfect size and they come in round and rectangle! So, we love Chinese. One of my friends has been telling me about this other place that's a little bit out of the way, but she had heard good things about it. So, I convinced Chris we should try it. I can't even remember the name of it now. Here's the story... 

We walked in and it was about 12:30 on a Saturday. I thought there would be more people there, but nope..we were the only ones. We ordered some dumplings and our dinners. It was alright, but we both still prefer our favorite Chinese place. I loved the ticket though, it was written in Chinese! How cool is that. It was pretty legit....it wasn't bad, it just wasn't our favorite. 


Beef and Broccoli with Fried Rice



Cool Chinese Characters
So, we tried to go see Oz, but Cinemark crashed their system and they couldn't do credit cards or gift cards. We didn't have enough time to get cash and come back so we just skipped it for the day. We'll go back again. 

We always take B'Elanna with us when we go places, and she's just adorable. Since Chris got the new car we've banished her to the back back of the car. Poor thing, I think she misses being up by us in the backseat. She loves to go. As soon as she hears the keys picked up off the desk she goes running down the stairs! 

Riding in the car...
Saturday night was another adventure. We couldn't decide on dinner. I had been trying to convince Chris to try Weber's Root Beer in Tulsa on Brookside. However, he wasn't totally sold on it. So, we agreed to Panera, it's a fave. However, as soon as we got there he decided it didn't sound good so he thought Weber's sounded good. We drove all the way over there to pull into the parking lot and bam... it was closed. apparently they close at 5:00 on Saturday. Are you kidding me? So, we ended up with Elmer's BBQ, which is a good place too, and we've both wanted to go there as well. It was a win-win situation, but I am determined to make it to Weber's before Spring Break is over, even if it's just for a Root Beer float!


Panera, our first almost stop...

And, it was closed...
 
Thank goodness, it was so good. 

We've been to the dog park, ran errands, ate out, cooked in, baked cookies, cleaned house, did laundry, relaxed, and just enjoyed being with each other. It's been the best. I treated myself to a pedicure and manicure today, which was wonderful. Tomorrow I'm having brunch with my mom, and I'm super excited about that. Should be good times. I've got a few things to do for school, and I've become quite technologically organized over the last few days too. I've downloaded google drive and placed all my documents on there, as well as updating my Chrome Folders with all my blogs. Ironically, the minute after I finished doing that I found Feedly, which will replace Google Reader, so I then imported all 87 blogs that I read to it and I LOVE it. It's been fun finding new apps for my iPad that I can use with kids as well as organize myself.... such a good Spring Break. And then, only 8 weeks left..... oh man, it went by so fast! 




No comments:

Post a Comment