Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentine...

Happy Valentine's Day 2013
It's our 1st Valentine's Day together!

We had made reservations at the Melting Pot in January so I knew we were going there for dinner. Before dinner we exchanged our gifts at home. It was fun. He surprised me with a new Vintage Pearl necklace that I love. He got me the secret love message heart. It's adorable. It has a secret message on the inside of the heart. He gave me a beautiful necklace for Christmas that was a longer one, made up of charms representing our love. I love it, but it was hard to wear everyday. I wanted something I could wear everyday, and this is perfect. I made him an "Alphabet Book of our Love" that I created off of a Pinterest idea. It was cute and he loved it. He also was super excited about his own copy of Battleship. After we did our little gifts we headed to dinner.

The funniest thing. As I got into the car I noticed something different. The music started playing. Chris's music plays through his iPhone in his car. It's bluetooth. It's always the same music and I recognize most everything. This time it was different. I knew this song. It was Donna Lewis' song, "I Love You Always Forever". I started singing it. As we were pulling out of the garage I looked over at Chris, smiled, and said..."Um, that's funny. This is a new song. Did you plan that or something?"
He just smiled at me and said, "Maybe." It was the cutest thing ever. He had made a playlist for our drive to dinner! Too cute. Too creative. I love him so.

We had been to the Melting Pot one time before, with a special Teacher Discount event. This evening was much different, but totally wonderful. It was a fantastic meal and we loved every bit of it. It was a special time with just the two of us for our First Valentine's Day together. We finished our lovely dinner, headed home and relaxed for the evening.

Happy Valentine's Day, Chris. I love you.


Pre-Valentine Dinner -- It's an iPhone front camera picture...so it's a little blurry.
But, it's us. I think we're cute. 


YUM. 

I heart him. So cute. He accidentally picked out the pink fondue fork for dessert.
I ended up with the black one. I thought it was funny.
His favorite was strawberries.
My favorite were bananas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment